Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Style Idol: Cassie

These days every time I walk in to a store my head is brimming with Cassie thoughts. Everything Cassie would wear jumps out at me. Vintage inspired lace pieces, sparkly golds and though its not my style I want it all. That is what Cassie does to you.

Cassie Ainsworth is a character in the British television show Skins. Played by Hannah Murray, she is a bit odd and well in an mental health clinic for her anorexia and low self esteem and drug use in the beginning of season 1. But she has charm and grace and a gorgeous sense of personal style. Her clothing choices are best described as having a nod to classic hollywood stars like greta garbo and Clara Bow. But her romantic lace and gold pieces are also balanced out by quirky patterned skirts and a fair share of color.

To explain further, I was in a vintage store with friends and I felt slightly uncomfortable picking out all my Cassie items, since they have a fair bit of glitz and I saw these strange shoes and I liked them yet I couldn't figure out why. I realized later that they were identical to a pair of shoes Cassie wears in one episode of season 1.





From Buttons & Lace



No comments: